|"Then let's get to work-zakenna!"|
|This article or section is a stub and can be improved in areas such as grammar, style, wiki-formatting, spelling and expanding. The Butler Zakenna have been ordered to team up with Cure Wiki with the hope that this article might meet Cure Wiki's level of quality someday.|
Help Cure Wiki and the Butler Zakenna by editing this article or section!
皇帝ピエーロ Koutei Piēro
|Season||Smile Pretty Cure!|
|Hair Color||Dark Purple|
|Home Place||Bad End Kingdom|
|Japanese Voice Actor||Genda Tesshou|
Pierrot (ピエーロ Piēro?), (called Emperor Nogo in Glitter Force) is the emperor of Bad End Kingdom. For the first half of the season, the Bad End Kingdom villains worked to collect enough Bad Energy to revive him, as he had been sealed away by Royale Queen before the start of the story. In Episode 23, he was successfully revived, but temporarily defeated by the Princess Cures. However, a piece of Pierrot (possibly his heart) managed to escape.
Sometime before the start of the series he was sealed away at the same time the Royale Queen fell into a deep slumber. His minions have been collecting bad energy to try to revive him and seem to have succeeded only to have him suffer a temporary defeat at the hands of the Pretty Cures who attained their Princess forms. A piece of him seems to have been shot off into space where he is undergoing a transformation and a second revival.
Pierrot is probably based off the classic character Pierrot from Commedia dell'Arte, given his name, and his close relation with the symbolism of human suffering, despair and sadness. He also retains monochromatic face make-up, a large ruffled collar around his neck, and dresses clownish, like classic Pierrot is most often portrayed.
When the four generals of the Bad Kingdom (Joker, Akaoni, Wolfrun and Majorina) first attempted to revive him, he resembled a gigantic clown, dressed in a dark purple suit. He had red glowing eyes, a red nose and raven-colored hair, decorated with 4 colored balls that resemble the Akanbe noses. He also had a purple flame aura erupting from the top of his head.
When he is successfully revived at full power toward the very end of the series, he most notably no longer has a clown nose and has very large black wings sprouted from his back, with small holes torn in them. He also has a more lithe upper-body build.
As the head of the villains, Pierrot is fierce and intense, and a blast of Bad Energy from his mouth easily defeated the Cures' Rainbow Healing attack. However, his just-awakened state was no match for the Cure's upgraded Princess Forms and he was temporarily defeated by new attack Rainbow Burst. He also has the ability to create magical black ink, which the Bad End Commanders use to create Bad End Space and gather Bad Energy from despair. When awakened, Pierrot can manipulate this ink into attacks or monsters, as well as absorb it to empower himself.
- In popular culture, Pierrot is a term used to describe a sad clown and was a classic character from the stories of the play, Commedia dell'Arte. It is derived from the word "Pierre", which means "Peter" in Italian. More on Pierrot here.
- Pierrot's voice actor, Genda Tesshou, also voiced main villain Howling from the Suite Pretty Cure♪ movie, and currently voices Gorisaki Banana from Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters, which airs exactly one hour before Smile Pretty Cure.
- In his final form, Pierrot is the largest main villain in the Pretty Cure franchise, along with Black Hole from Pretty Cure All Stars DX 3: Mirai ni Todoke! Sekai wo Tsunagu☆Niji-Iro no Hana.
- Though Pierrot's final form is as large as Black Hole, he is most probably much weaker than him. Pierrot is finally defeated by five upgraded Pretty Cures and Royal Candy, while Black Hole manages to stand against 21 upgraded main characters for a minute. Also, Black Hole himself is created by the evil energy of six evil organizations (Dusk Zone, Dark Fall, Nightmare, Eternal, Labyrinth and the Desert Apostles), inclusive the six main villains Dark King, Goyan, Desperaia, the Boss, Moebius and Dune.
- Along with Goyan, Noise and Dyspear, Pierrot appears in Pretty Cure All Stars: Minna de Utau♪ Kiseki no Mahou! as a revived villain.