工藤真由 Kudou Mayu
|Season||Yes! Pretty Cure 5|
Heartcatch Pretty Cure!
|Eye Color||Maroon (Yes! 5)|
|Hair Color||Maroon (Yes)
Dull Brown (Heartcatch)
|First Appearance||YPC540 (Yes! 5)|
|Japanese Voice Actor||Kudou Mayu|
Kudou Mayu (工藤真由 Kudou Mayu?) is a minor character in Yes! Pretty Cure 5 and Heartcatch Pretty Cure!, based off the homonymous singer of many theme songs within the Pretty Cure franchise. In both cases, she appears as a cameo character along with another singer of the franchise, Miyamoto Kanako and Ikeda Aya, respectively.
In Yes! 5, Mayu has bust-length maroon hair and matching eyes, while in Heartcatch, she has medium long dull brown hair tied up into a ponytail with a blue ribbon, and her eyes are a bright shade of blue. Both of her incarnations were only seen in the respective seasons' uniforms and are quite tall, standing half a head taller than her friends.
In Heartcatch, she and her friend Ikeda Aya have a strong stage fright and are unconfident about their singing skills and they tend to run away instead of singing in front of their schoolmates. However, they are able to overcome their stage fright.
Yes! Pretty Cure 5
Mayu and Kanako find a student's lost shoe in a school's garden and then go to the student council's president Minazuki Karen to report this. When Karen ask the girls, where they found that shoe, Kanako answers her. After that, they go away.
Heartcatch Pretty Cure
Mayu and Ikeda Aya are the singers of the light music club. They should have a live performance during the school festival, but both are too nervous and are afraid that the other student would laugh at them, so they run away. When the members of the fashion club convince them to step onto the stage, the stage fright overcomes the two girls again. Cobraja uses their stage fright, takes their heart flowers and transform their flowers into a Desertrian. After the girls get their heart flowers back, the fashion club and the light music club do together a fashion show with a concert. Mayu and Aya perform their song HEART GOES ON. In the final episodes, Mayu and Aya appear as ones of the survival people, whose heart flowers were saved by the Pretty Cure before.
- The real Kudou Mayu does the voices of Fairy Tones, but not the Crescendo Tone.
- She is the only character to appear in 2 different seasons.
- The real Kudou Mayu is also the singer and is famous for performing many of the theme songs for the Pretty Cure franchise, including:
- Pretty Cure 5, Smile go go!
- Pretty Cure 5, Full・Throttle GO GO!
- Pretty Cure, Kiseki Deluxe
- Kirakira Kawaii! Pretty Cure Daishuugou ~Kibou no Hikari~
- 17 Jewels ~Pretty Cure Medley 2010~ with Ikeda Aya
- HEART GOES ON with Ikeda Aya
- Tomorrow Song ~Tomorrow's Song~
- La♪ La♪ La♪ Suite Pretty Cure♪
- Kirakira kawaii! Pretty Cure Daishuugou ~Inochi no Hana~
- La♪ La♪ La♪ Suite Pretty Cure♪ ~∞UNLIMITED ver.∞~
- Pretty Cure ~Eien no Tomodachi~
- She shares the same first name with Kashiwada Mayu, a supporting character from Futari wa Pretty Cure.