Mofurun noticed that this article lacks content or has faulty grammar and information. She says you can help by this stub!
剣城あきら Kenjō Akira
|Season||KiraKira☆Pretty Cure A La Mode|
|Eye Color||Brown (Akira)|
|Hair Color||Dark Red (Akira)|
|Relatives||Kenjou Miku (younger sister)|
Kenjou Tomi (grandmother)
|First Appearance||KKPCALM01 (cameo)|
KKPCALM06 (major appearance; as Cure Chocolat)
|Alter Ego||Cure Chocolat|
|Theme Color||Red (main)|
|Japanese Voice Actor||Mori Nanako|
Kenjou Akira (剣城あきら Kenjō Akira?) is one of the six main characters of KiraKira☆Pretty Cure A La Mode who is a second year high school student. She is gentle and has a strong sense of justice like a "dog". Akira's alter ego is Cure Chocolat (キュアショコラ Kyua Shokora?) and she is based off chocolates and dogs.
Akira is often confused for a boy due to her height, style, and short, dark red hair and sharp, slanted burgundy eyes. She wears a plain brown top under a beige and red button-up with slightly rolled sleeves and a dog tag necklace. She also wears blue jeans with a brown belt and tan boots. During summer she switches to a white T-shirt with a red vest and red and white sneakers. During winter she wears a long-sleeved red collared shirt with a tan sweater and dark brown boots, sometimes adding a red pea-coat and light red gloves
As Cure Chocolat, her hair is bright red and with large, spiked bangs streaked with dark brown. She gains large pointed dog ears and a red, thick and fluffy dog tail. On her head is a brown, thin top hat with a red band and melting chocolate on top. Her outfit is composed of a red striped long sleeved top with puffed, brown striped shoulders and thinner fabric covering the lower arm. Brown lines the bottom, while dark brown wraps around the navel. Sticking out beneath this is a pale cream pleated mini-skirt and crimson bike shorts. On the left side of her hip is her Sweets Pact attached to a crimson ribbon, while sewn on the cream, fluffy fabric lining the chest is a chocolate bar with gold fabric hanging from it. She wears a dark brown choker with a silver tag hanging from it to match her earrings. She gains white gloves with a loose cuff and square-shaped button, white stockings, and crimson boots with a cream toe design and fluffy trim around the top, where a large brown droplet is designed.
In her A La Mode style, her hair appears more sleek and is lighter colored. She gains a furry pale red hat with her top hat worn in the center, covered in more melting chocolate and gaining a red plume accent. Her ears and tail grow slightly bigger and are lighter colored. Her top is solid red with the points growing in length with yellow lining and a dripping effect. She loses the band on her navel in favor of two, gold buttoned straps, and her skirt is now made of fur with a brown pointed tutu over it. Her choker is now connected to a pointed yellow collar, where a chocolate heart and pale cream fabric resides. Her sleeves are placed by pale red fur, while her gloves turn crimson and extend past the wrist, while her boots grow thigh-length with a melting, pointed yellow cuff. Hanging from the back of her skirt is a pale red frosting, cape-like piece with large red spheres on each section.
Her Patisserie outfit includes pants, rather than a skirt, along with a red ribbon on the hat to match the stripes on the sleeve cuff. She wears light red boots with a red bow, and a red, short tie at her chest.
Akira is a gentle boyish second year high school student. She'll always be by your side and has a strong sense of justice like a "dog". She knows her way around places which makes her a good person to rely on. Akira has a sickly younger sister who she tends to give chocolate to as a way of cheering her up.
- Usami Ichika - Ichika and Akira are neighbours and good friends. When Akira moves next to the Usami household, Ichika is smitten with the gentle high school student, and also initially believes Akira to be a boy. Akira opens up to Ichika about her sister and teases her to ease up her nervousness. KKPCALM06 After Akira becomes a Cure, Ichika becomes outspoken around Akira and openly praises her. Ichika is flustered when Akira nurses her during a cold. KKPCALM36
- Kotozume Yukari - They go to the same school, and are very popular with the other students. Their personalities initially clash, with Yukari criticizing Akira's selflessness and Akira being at odds with Yukari's fickle nature. After Akira witnesses Yukari's kindness and Yukari recognizes Akira's passion and tenacity, they become very good friends. KKPCALM10 They are often seen spending time with eachother afterwards. Akira and Yukari's relationship has developed in a romantic way over time, notably in episodes 25 and 29. Their duet is a love song as well.
- Kenjou Miku Akira is very close to her little sister, bringing her chocolate whenever she visits her. In episode 15, it is shown that Miku loves Akira very much, and longs to see her smile in happiness instead of concern.
Chocolat is French for Chocolate.
First Appearances and Transforming to Cure Chocolat For the First Time
Akira makes a cameo appearance in the first episode, seeing the vision of a chocolate bar in the sky after an eruption at Ichigo Mountain. She has another brief appearance in episode five when she rescues Ichika from falling on the sidewalk, causing the latter to quickly develop a crush, though at the time she thought Akira was a boy.
Ichika learned that Akira had recently moved in next door to her and she starts falling for Akira even more. The other Cures join her at her house to learn more about the mysterious boy next door. Akira looks on from the balcony and asks Ichika if she knew of any good shops that sell chocolates, and Ichika shows her one with a book she flipped through. The two of them head into the shopping district the next day to the store in question and bought the chocolate, one as a gift for Akira's ailing little sister Miku, who was in the hospital, and another for Ichika as a thank-you present. As Akira explains to Ichika about her sister, a Kirakiraru Thief named Bitard attacks and steals the chocolates intended for Miku, leaving Akira shocked. Ichika tries and fails to get them back. Upset by this, Ichika then comes up with the idea of having her and Akira make their own chocolate instead. At the patisserie, they do just that as the other three watched, creating a chocolate doghouse with a strawberry resembling the dog's head. As they make them, Himari and Aoi figure out that Akira was actually a girl when she called it "cute". Just then, as they finish up, Bitard appears again to take the homemade chocolate, but Ichika transforms into Cure Whip in front of Akira to defend it, but like last time, she is easily defeated and de-transforms. Seeing this, and the other Cures also struggling against Bitard, cause Akira's desire to protect the chocolate to increase even more, and one of the dog chocolates reacts, turning into an Animal Sweet and a Sweets Pact. With this, Akira transforms into Cure Chocolat for the first time, and uses her heightened sense of smell to track down Bitard easily, eventually defeating him and restoring the stolen Kirakiraru he stole from the chocolates. That night, Ichika goes to visit Akira again when her father Genichirou appears and reveals to her that Akira is actually a girl, not a guy like she thought, causing Ichika to become extremely surprised and shocked. KKPCALM06
Tsuyosa to Ai wo! Rettsu・Ra・Mazemaze! Kyua Shokora! Dekiagari!
Cure Chocolat (キュアショコラ?) is the Pretty Cure alter ego of Akira. She transforms using the phrase "Cure La Mode・Decoration!". In this form, she has a heightened sense of smell like a dog. Before she transforms, she wears a different outfit unlike the other Cures, consisting of a short sleeveless dress and shorts underneath.
- Kirakira♪Kiraru♪: The main method of attack used by the Cures, which manifests in the form of magical batter within the Sweets Pact. As Cure Chocolat, Akira has shown she has the ability to:
- Shield herself with a swipe of batter.
- Create force fields shaped like chocolate bar squares.
- Shoot a homing stream of energy that immobilizes the foe.
- Kirakirakirarun♪Kirakiraru♪: A more powerful version of the original incantation, giving Chocolat the ability to fire a large blast of red energy that encases the foe in what resembles a chocolate egg, which implodes and sends them flying.
- Three・2・Wonderful A La Mode! (スイー・２・ワンダフルアラモード！ Suī・２・Wandafuru A Ra Mōdo!?) is the group attack Cure Chocolat performs with the other four Cures. To perform it, she must use the Candy Rod.
- Chocolat Aromase (ショコラアロマーゼ Shokora Aromāze?) is the first sub attack Cure Chocolat uses in episode 15. To perform it, she needs the Candy Rod.
- Animal Go Round! (アニマルゴーランド！ Animaru Gō Rando!?) is the group attack Cure Chocolat performs with the other five Cures. To perform it, she must use the Kirakiraru Creamer and her Crystal Animal.
- Fantastic Animale (ファンタスティックアニマーレ！?) is the group attack Cure Chocolat performs with the other five Cures. To perform it, she must she must use the Kirakiraru Creamer and her Crystal Animal and be in her A La Mode Style.
Akira's voice actress, Mori Nanako, has participated in several image songs for the character she voices. Many of them include duets with Miyama Karen, who voices Usami Ichika, Fukuhara Haruka, who voices Arisugawa Himari, Muranaka Tomo, who voices Tategami Aoi, Fujita Saki, who voices Kotozume Yukari, and Minase Inori, who voices Kirahoshi Ciel.
- Macaronage of Love and Excitement (Along with Fujita Saki)
- Let's・La・Cookin'☆Showtime ~KIRAKIRA☆Patisserie・Version~ (Along with Miyama Karen, Fukuhara Haruka, Muranaka Tomo, Fujita Saki and Minase Inori)
- Mémoire・Mille-feuille (Along with Miyama Karen, Fukuhara Haruka, Muranaka Tomo, Fujita Saki and Minase Inori)
- Akira's birthday is in September 24th, making her Zodiac sign Libra.
- Many aspects about Kenjou Akira - including her design, her voice, her personality and her transformation sequence - reference the extravagant Broadway-style musicals performed by the Takarazuka Revue, in which women play all possible roles of the musical.
- Her masculine design and personality fit the otokoyaku (男役?) (literally "male role"), the male part played by actresses in Takarazuka productions. This is especially apparent with her Cure design, with its ornate uniform/suit-like style, the top hat and the princely puffed sleaves and cape.
- In her transformation sequence, she stands on an ookaidan (大階段?), the "grand staircase" being a trademark of the musicals since 1927 and usually rolled out in the finale for the actresses to dance on. Her hand motions in the sequence are also typical.
- Her voice actress, Mori Nanako, used to play the otokoyaku role under the stage name Saeki Chihaya in fifteen Takarazuka Revue musical productions from 2005 to 2009.
- Cure Chocolat is the first Cure to be based on Takarazuka musicals, and the first character in Pretty Cure overall to be based on them, even with the musicals being a common motif in shojo productions such as The Rose of Versailles, Princess Knight and Revolutionary Girl Utena.
- The design choices for Akira are also interesting considering Japan's recent increasing acceptance for its "genderless" fashion movement.
- In Animage's monthly character poll for its 2017-06 issue, Akira placed 9th in "Best Character Overall".
- She shares her name with Miura Akira from Heartcatch Pretty Cure!.
- Cure Chocolat is the seventh Cure in the franchise to not have an English name as Chocolat is French for "Chocolate". The first six were Cure Rouge (French), Cure Aqua (Latin), Cure Rosetta (Italian), Cure Felice (Italian), and her teammates Cure Gelato (Italian) and Cure Macaron (French).
- Cure Chocolat is the third Cure with short hair, preceded by Cure Black from Futari wa Pretty Cure Max Heart and Cure Rouge from Yes! Pretty Cure 5 GoGo!.
- Main Page: Kenjou Akira/Image Gallery
- ↑ http://www.wordsense.eu/%E5%89%A3/
- ↑ https://www.evi.com/q/what_does_%22%E5%9F%8E%22_mean_in_japanese
- ↑ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akira_(given_name)