海藤みなみ Kaidō Minami
|Season||Go! Princess Pretty Cure|
|Hair Color||Dark turquoise (Minami)|
Ocean blue with purple streaks (Mermaid)
|Relatives||Kaido Wataru (older brother) |
Kaido Tsukasa (father)
Kaido Masumi (mother)
|Alter Ego||Cure Mermaid|
|Japanese Voice Actor||Asano Masumi|
Minami has dark turquoise hair that is seen down with a thick strand of hair tied into a braid that is seen lying over her shoulder. Her eye color is blue. She wears a light blue long sleeved shirt with a lilac ribbon tied around her neck that rests just above her waist. Her shirt is tucked into a dark blue pencil skirt and she wears matching shoes with pink bows on top. In the summer, she wears a blue dress with a short-sleeved light blue top and white sandals. In the winter, she wears a light purple long-sleeve top buttoned all the way up and a pearl necklace along with a long blue skirt, gray stockings and the same blue high heels she wore with her first outfit.
As Cure Mermaid, her hair grows drastically into a ponytail that is ocean blue on top with dark blue ombre and light purple streaks on the bangs. She wears a golden tiara with a light blue ribbon and a pink and blue seashell attached to it. Her midriff top is blue and white with a light blue collar and white sleeves. Around her neck is a pink pearl necklace with a gold brooch at the center with more pink pearls lining down along the top. Her skirt is blue, light blue and pink with light pink pearls around the waist and is longer at the back. Her boots are knee-length and light blue trimmed in blue with pink pearls. She also wears very long light blue arm warmers that stop at her hands with pink pearls at the end and seashell earrings. When she changes into her Mode Elegant, her skirt lengthens drastically and looks wave-like.
As an adult shown in episode 50, she succeeded in becoming a marine biologist. She's seen wearing a white lab coat and her long hair in a braid.
Minami is a sophomore at Noble Academy who is nicknamed as the "Academy's Princess". She has a strong sense of responsibility who can sometimes be strict as well but cares for others like a caring older sister. She dreams of becoming a respectable person who can be useful to others. In episode 9, it is revealed that she is afraid of ghosts.
Transforming into Cure Mermaid for the First Time
While looking over the sea one day, Minami discovers a Dress Up Key that had been washed up on to the shore. When Haruka sees Minami dancing ballet, she becomes inspired and hastily asks her to teach her how to do it. She helps her through the basic steps and tries to makes her more flexible. When Haruka sprains her ankle after trying to perform a new step, Minami comes to her aid and bandages it. Haruka is surprised to find out that Minami is not as perfect as she first thought, and she even thanks Haruka for asking her to teach ballet because no one else had the confidence to do so. When a Zetsuborg attacks, she follows Haruka and witnesses her transforming into Cure Flora. When Flora damages her ankle again after kicking the Zetsuborg, she is about to be attacked before Minami pushes her out of the way. When Flora takes a hit for her, Minami tells Close that it is her duty to protect the students of the academy. Her Dress Up Key reacts to her determination to help others and she receives her Princess Perfume, allowing her to transform into Cure Mermaid. She was able to fight the Zetsuborg off before purifying it with Mermaid Ripple.
Haruno Haruka - At first, she told Haruka when she was late to the Welcome Ceremony to reflect on her actions. After that, Haruka asked her to teach her ballet and she agreed. They spent some time together when training. When Haruka sprained her ankle, Minami helps her and tells her how she's not perfect. When she saw Haruka transforming and having problems with the Zetsuborg, she tried to protect Haruka, which resulted in her becoming a Pretty Cure. They then became good friends.
Amanogawa Kirara - Kirara is the first person to call her "Minami" without adding -san or -sama like the other students, even though Kirara is still not very close with Minami, they do share a friendly relationship.
Kaido Wataru - Minami's older brother.
Tina - Her best friend. She really cares a lot about Minami. When she goes to the resort, they swim together in the sea. During a battle against a Zetsuborg, Tina took a hit for Cure Mermaid that nearly killed her. Mermaid was hoping that Tina would pull through and the Miracle Bubble Dress Up Key appears, healing her and Tina's wounds.
Akagi Towa - In episode 25, Towa and Minami started to form a deeper friendship when Minami comes to Towa's aid when she has a nightmare because of her fear of the darkness and the resurfacing of her memories as Twilight. Minami helps her to try and overcome that fear and that she should depend on her friends and the rest of the team. When Shut ambushes the Cures' firework celebration, he sees Towa and recognizes her as Twilight and tries to get rid of her when Minami defends her and tells Shut that she is now Akagi Towa. She precedes to help Cure Scarlet in defeating the Zetsuborg.
"Princess of the crystal clear seas! Cure Mermaid!"
Sumiwataru umi no purinsesu! Kyua Māmeido!
Cure Mermaid (キュアマーメイド Kyua Māmeido?) is the Pretty Cure alter ego of Minami. She controls the power of water and transforms with the phrase, "Pretty Cure, Princess Engage!". Her main attack is Mermaid Ripple, which she can only perform while in her Mode Elegant.
- Mermaid Ripple (マーメイドリップル Māmeido Rippuru?) is Cure Mermaid's main attack, that can only be used when she is in her Mode Elegant. It appeared in episode 2.
- Trinity Lumiere (トリニティリュミエール Toriniti Ryumiēru?) is Cure Mermaid's group attack that she performs with Cure Flora and Cure Twinkle, where they need the Crystal Princess Rod and the Elegant Dress Up Keys. It made its debut in episode 11.
- Frozen Ripple (フローズンリップル Furōzun Rippuru?) is Cure Mermaid's main attack, performed with the Crystal Princess Rod and the Ice Dress Up Key.
- Bubble Ripple (バブルリップル Baburu Rippuru?) is Cure Mermaid's main attack, performed with the Crystal Princess Rod and the Miracle Bubble Dress Up Key.
- Trinity Explosion (トリニティーエクスプロジオン Torinitī Ekusupurojion?) is Cure Mermaid's second group attack that she performs with Cure Flora and Cure Twinkle, where they need the Crystal Princess Rod and the Miracle Dress Up Keys. It was first seen in episode 18.
- Éclat Espoir (エクラエスポワール Ekura Esupowāru?) is Cure Mermaid's third group attack that she performs with Cure Flora, Cure Twinkle and Cure Scarlet, where she needs the Music Princess Palace and her Premium Sango Dress Up Key.
- Grand Printemps (グランプランタン Guran Purantan?) is Cure Mermaid's fourth group attack that she performs with Cure Flora, Cure Twinkle and Cure Scarlet, where she needs the Music Princess Palace and the Royal Key.
- Coral Maelstrom (コーラルメイルシュトロム Kōraru Meirushutoromu?) is Cure Mermaid's main attack that she performs with the Music Princess Palace and her Premium Sango Dress Up Key.
- Grand Libération (グランリベラシオン Guran Riberashion?) is Cure Mermaid's fifth group attack that she performs with Cure Flora, Cure Twinkle and Cure Scarlet, where she needs to be in her Grand Princess form.
- Halloween Eclair (ハロウィンエクレール Harou~in Ekurēru?) is Cure Mermaid's sixth group attack that she performs with Cure Flora, Cure Twinkle and Cure Scarlet, where she needs to be in her Mode Elegant Halloween form.
Minami (みなみ?) means 'south'. But it can also be read as "beautiful wave".
Cure Mermaid means the legendary aquatic creature with the upper body of a human and the tail of a fish.
Minami's voice actor, Asano Masumi, has participated in several image songs for the character she voices. Many of them include duets with Shimamura Yu, who voices Haruno Haruka, Yamamura Hibiku, who voices Amanogawa Kirara, and Sawashiro Miyuki, who voices Akagi Towa.
- Strongly, Gently, Beautifully. (Along with Shimamura Yu, Yamamura Hibiku and Sawashiro Miyuki)
- Conditions of Being a Princess (Along with Shimamura Yu, Yamamura Hibiku and Sawashiro Miyuki)
- Joyful! Pretty Cure Christmas (Along with Shimamura Yu, Yamamura Hibiku and Sawashiro Miyuki)
- Minami's birthday is July 20. Hence, her zodiac is Cancer.
- Her birthday occured on a Japanese national holiday, "Ocean Day" (海の日) of 2015.
- Minami shares her surname with Kaidou Yuya from Happiness Charge Pretty Cure!.
- Minami is afraid of ghosts. Other Cures afraid of the supernatural are Natsuki Rin, Kurokawa Ellen and Midorikawa Nao.
- Minami is the oldest on the team, as she is the only member to be 14, while Haruka, Kirara and Towa are 13.
- Main page: Kaido Minami/Image Gallery
|V • T • EGo! Princess Pretty Cure characters|
|Cures||Haruno Haruka/Cure Flora • Kaido Minami/Cure Mermaid • Amanogawa Kirara/Cure Twinkle • Akagi Towa/Cure Scarlet • Past Princess Pretty Cure|
|Mascots||Pafu • Aroma • Miss Shamour • Kuroro|
|Villains||Dyspear • Twilight • Close • Shut • Lock • Stop & Freeze • Zetsuborg|
|Others||Prince Kanata • Nanase Yui • Haruno Moe • Haruno Ibuki • Kisaragi Reiko • Azuma Seira • Nishimine Ayaka • Shirogane-san • Amanogawa Stella • Takamagahara Ken • Bauanne Baurollo • Aihara Yuuki • Imagawa Shuu • Koshiba Naoto • Ichijo Ranko • Tachi Kyoko • Haruno Momoka • Tina • Mochizuki Yume • Kaido Wataru • Komori Hanae • Kano Sayaka • Kurita Mai • Komaki Noriko • Hirano Kenta • Furuya Riko • Kitakaze Asuka • Kaido Tsukasa • Kaido Masumi • Ijuin Kimimaro • Nishikido-san • Akehoshi Karin|
|Movie only||Pumplulu Princess • Warp • Refi • Night Pumpkin • King Pumpkin • Queen Pumpkin|