|Doki Doki! Pretty Cure|
|Original Run||February 3, 2013 - ongoing|
|Predecessor||Smile Pretty Cure|
|Opening Song||Happy Go Lucky! Dokidoki! Pretty Cure|
|Ending Song||Kono Sora no Mukou|
Doki Doki! Pretty Cure (ドキドキ！プリキュア Dokidoki! PuriKyua?), loosely translated as "Heartthrob Pretty Cure", is a Japanese Magical Girl Anime series, the tenth and the current installment in Izumi Todo's Pretty Cure series. Produced by Toei Animation, the series commemorate the tenth anniversary of the Pretty Cure Series and premiered on February 3, 2013.
Confirmation and DevelopmentEdit
Doki Doki! Pretty Cure was first revealed on October 25, 2012 after Toei filed the trademark at the Japan Patent Office for a variety of goods on October 2. and the official logo was revealed in the January issue of Kodansha's Nakayoshi magazine. The series will commemorate the tenth anniversary of the Pretty Cure Series in 2013, replacing Smile Pretty Cure! on its initial timeslot.
The key visual first revealing the Cure's look was a poster officially released by Asahi TV on 8 Dec 2012. The poster officially confirmed the presence of 5 mascots, one of them named Sharuru (4 companions that can become mobile phone transformation devices, plus a baby mascot), the lead character's name as Aida Mana, the enemy's name Jikochuu, and a key location in the story Clover Tower.
From the Asahi TV poster:
Aida Mana is a girl who is always eager to do things for the sake of others.
One day, when she was visiting the Clover Tower during her school's orientation program, an enemy named Jikochuu appeared suddenly, and tried to manipulate her inner heart! To fight this enemy, she borrowed power from a fairy named Sharuru and a magical device called the Cure Lovies to transform into Pretty Cure!
To protect the peace of the world, other legendary Pretty Cure soon joined her in battle! A mysterious baby also appears, making each day a "Heartthrob" experience! The 4 Cures, always holding "love" in their hearts, are battling for the world's fate!
From Toei Animation Website:
Just when Mana Aida, second-year student at Ōgai 1st Middle School, was about to reach the observatory at the top of the Clover Tower in her town, a monster appears. Mana, who jumps into action without thinking, is met by Sharuru, a fairy from the Trump Kingdom. With her help, she transforms into Cure Heart! Together with her childhood friends Rikka and Alice (along with the mysterious Cure Sword from the Trump Kingdom), Mana protects Earth from the invading Jikochū monsters.
Aida Mana (相田 マナ?) / Cure Heart (キュアハート Kyua Hāto?)-The bright and energetic student council president of Oogai First Public Middle School in her second year. She's a person who believes actions speak louder than words, and will often jump in to help others without even thinking about it. Both elders and youngsters around her believe in her leadership capabilities.
Hishikawa Rikka (菱川 六花?) / Cure Diamond (キュアダイヤモンド Kyua Daiyamondo?)-The student council secretary in Oogai First Public Middle School. She's Mana's childhood friend. She was always protected by her back then, which makes Rikka always believe in Mana, but Rikka always protected Mana when she was a trouble maker. She is also one of the ten best students in national mock exams.
Yotsuba Alice (四葉 ありす Yotsuba Arisu?) / Cure Rosetta (キュアロゼッタ Kyua Rozetta?)-A student in Nanatsu Hashi Academy for girls, which only rich people can afford because she's the heir to the Yotsuba Zaibatsu. She's childhood friends with Mana and Rikka. She's a kind person, sweet, talented and gentle, but often flaunts wealth involuntarily.
Kenzaki Makoto (剣崎 真琴?) / Cure Sword (キュアソード Kyua Sōdo?)-The royal guard of Trump Kingdom in parallel worlds. She came to Japan to find the princess after her nation was invaded and became a super idol and extremely popular fashionista. Cool and always has a strong sense of responsibility, but harbored remorse for feeling that she didn't protect the princess, and doesn't get along well with her new allies.
Davi (ダヴィ Dabyi?) - Sword's cat-like fairy partner. She is very independent, but she often worries about her partner. She ends her sentences with "~dabby!" Davi is able to transform into a human, and acts as Makoto's manager under the name "DB". It is currently unknown whether or not the other fairies have human forms as well.
Princess Marie Ange (マリー・アンジュ王女 Marī Anju Ōjo?) - The princess of Trump Kingdom, who's being protected by Cure Sword before the beginning of the story. She is transported to the Human World and has gone missing, much to Cure Sword's dismay.
Selfish Trio (ジコチュートリオ Jikochū Torio?)
- Ira (イーラ Īra?) - A young boy who has light blue hair and batwings behind his ears.
- Bell (ベール Bēru?) - A middle-aged man who wears sunglasses and batwings behind his ears.
- Marmo (マーモ Māmo?) - A beautiful woman who wears pink tube hat and batwings behind her ears.
- Regina (レジーナ Rejīna?) -A girl who wears black dress and has a yellow hair and a second in command of the Selfish Trio. The only member with no bat wings behind her ears
- Cure Lovies (キュアラビーズ Kyua Rabīzu?) - the Transformation and Attack Item of the Pretty Cures.
- Lovely Commune (ラブリーコミューン Raburī Komyūn?) - thre Transformation and Attack Device of Pretty Cures.
- Trump Kingdom (トランプ王国 Toranpu Ōkoku?) - An alternate world ruled by Princess Marie Ange.
- Oogai First Middle School (大貝第一中学 Ōgai Daiichi Chūgaku?) - Mana, Rikka and Makoto's school.
- Nanatsu Hashi Academy (七ツ橋学園 Nanatsubashi Gakuen?) - Alice's school.
- Clover Tower (クローバータワー Kurōbā Tawā?) - Where Mana first met Sharuru.
- Doki Doki! Pretty Cure is the fourth series that has the fairy mascots transforming into Communes
- The Selfish Trio members' names are based on three of the seven demons that represent the Seven Deadly Sins: Ira from Ira (Latin word for "anger", representing wrath), Pell from Belphegor (demon of sloth) and Beelzebub(demon of gluttony),and Marmo from Mammon (demon of avarice).
- Doki Doki! Pretty Cure is the first series where the Cures' individual purification attacks do not begin with "Pretty Cure".
- Doki Doki Pretty Cure is the fifth season where some of the Cures were friends before the series began.
- Doki Doki! Pretty Cure is the fourth season with four Cures
- Doki Doki! Pretty Cure is the first season where the lead Cure takes on the role of the Student Council President of her school.
- Doki Doki! Pretty Cure is the second/third season to have mascots turn into humans. But, only Davi's human form has been shown so far.
- Doki Doki! Pretty Cure is very similar to Heartcatch Pretty Cure!:
- Mana and Tsubomi, are similar with same theme color, and also they are good at studying.
- Itsuki and Alice have similiarties, they have the same theme colors, they also know how to fight.
- Yuri and Makoto have also similarities, they both are the first Cures to appear but counted as the fourth Cures and they both have the same theme color.
- Jikochuus and Desertrians, are similar because they both show feelings.
- Both seasons, have born fairies, as Ai and Potpourri.
Please refer to main page Doki Doki! Pretty Cure Merchandise.